Friday, April 19, 2013

Review of Bullshot Crummond - Costa Mesa Playhouse

Bullshot Crummond Rocks!

THIS PLAY IS HILARIOUS! GO SEE IT!

When the play opens, you really don't know what to expect. The set is very plain, but quirky.  With painted telephones and fireplaces, it adds to the comedy for sure.  Being that I love elaborate scene design, I had to really put my focus away from that and concentrate on the actors.

I'm here to tell you, BOY...do they deliver!

Director Kyle Myers put his all into this one and deserves packed houses at each performance. I laughed from start to finish. There are so many little nuances and hilarious physical movements, it reminds you of a cross between Monty Python and the late nights of Benny Hill in the 80s, which were some of my favorite shows growing up.

The Cast!

Hugh "Bullshot" Crummond

Gabriel Lawrence  -- INCREDIBLY FUNNY!!
Miss Rosemary Fenton

Megan Endicott  -- Rocks as the lispy blonde!
Otto Von Brunno

Kyle Myers -- (The Director) who replaced a sick Dan Henry, never skipped a beat, great voices and performance!
Lenya Von Brunno

Darcy Porter -- NEVER Disappoints! She was a STAR and completely became Lenya--her accent was perfect and HILARIOUS spots with the bird!
Algy Longwort and others

Jeff Bickel -- I acted with Jeff in "The Book of Liz" -- he plays so many characters in this play, I was simply amazed and loved every one of them. Great performance!







No comments: