Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hard To Believe....

It's been close to a year since I've blogged here. I just haven't had anything significant to speak about. Some things had happened in my personal life, but all for the better. Otherwise, there's been nothing to note of any significance, really.

Let me catch you up on what has been going on, how's that?

In the Spring, my friend and WGA Writer Nick Thurkettle and I sat down every week for six weeks and started recording sessions about my life. Nick would ask me questions and I would elaborate. We started at childhood and went through to present day. These six to eight hours worth of recording were all then transcribed by Nick into an amazing 29-page script called "Survive and Sing," which is the title of my one-woman show. I am starting rehearsals now and the show will be ready by Spring of 2013.

Later this year, I was graced with two theater roles. The first, as Widow Paroo in "The Music Man" and the second, as Abby Brewster in "Arsenic and Old Lace," which is still playing and ends this weekend. If you would like tickets, there are still some available at The Attic Community Theater Website. The Attic Community Theater is located at the border of Santa Ana/Costa Mesa, basically.
I went to Oktoberfest at both the Alpine Village and Old World this year. It's the first time I'd been back in years and I had forgotten how much fun it was! I also hung out with members of the German American Business Association, which I'm thinking about joining.
Lastly, I do hope to see some of you there at my show during closing weekend, I'd be tickled pink!

Here's a photo of Jackie Melbon and I as "The Brewster Sisters" from the show:
Jackie (l) as Martha and Norma Jean (r) as Abby



On another note, please be sure to visit my other blogs, some may pertain to you and some may not, but feel free to follow the ones that interest you:

Norma Jean's Transformation

The Positive Actor Podcast
Norma Jean Actress Publicity Page
Background Check - The Newsletter for Background Actors

No comments: