Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nothing Tastes as Good as Being Thin Feels

Well, after just one month on Atkins, I have lost and am maintaining a 12-lb weight loss. My goal weight is 130, so I'm half-way there...a great feeling!

I am so thrilled at the results, I've been doing Atkins (as some of you know) and it's such a great plan for me...I'm seemingly addicted to sweets: Pies, Cakes, Cookies, you name it!!

Cutting out the carbs not only means cutting out these things, but paying close, close attention to WHAT I'm eating and HOW MUCH I'm eating.

According to an oline Body Mass Index Calculator, my BMI is 23. It also suggests it should be at 21.3. I was hoping it would suggest to get down to like 19?! Hello? According to research I've done, the normal BMI is 18.5–24.9. So, at 21.3, I'd still be at the high end?!? NO THANKS!!

I do believe once I get down to 130 I'll be happy and my BMI rate will be happy too!

I had some comments on Facebook saying: You looked fine already, etc. Well, I don't know any woman that's 5'7" weighing 154 lbs looking fine?? Blech, gross!

I do know that when I was 125-130 I could actually fit all my clothes too, just saying.

Here's today's pic, taken at 142 lbs. down from 154!! Still got the dunlop disease but I'm working on that too. I bet my chest weighs 10 lbs.? LOL Gaaaawd....

This one was taken back in March, I weighed 158 here...*embarrassing* but I hope my journey will help YOU too!




There's more to life than letting food control you! Eating crappy food and dying young is NOT on my life plan. If you are inspired, leave a comment.

Much love to all,
NJ

2 comments:

armouris said...

more info on body mass index here - Body Adiposity Index (BAI) Better Than Body Mass Index (BMI)

M. said...

I am starting the umpteenth diet of Year 2011. What a torture !^^ Anyway, you did good. Congratulations.

http://marjorielenoan.blogspot.com/